Blackie Collins Model 103 Switchblade
“Knife World Magazine, June 2013 , Staff Writer”
American Knife, 100%, a collaborative between Colonial Knife; Cutlery Hall-of-Famer Walter “Blackie” Collins and Adam Smith of the Rhode Island School of Design and the science lab at Brown University. The Concept- to create a uniquely designed, practical in every aspect, comfortable to hold, formfitting; utilitarian; work of art that is also a switchblade. Hence, the Ameba™ automatic knife with a high cool factor. The Ameba™ key chain automatic has a serrated blade, the reason being that such a compact blade tends to get a lot of abuse and neglect. Also comes with a pocket clip, or use the ball chain to carry on a key ring-always in reach for both women and men. The handle is nearly indestructible; the synthetic material is used in the manufacturing of hard hats, power tool casings and snow board bindings. Blade material is a premium ATS-34 stainless steel. Made in Warwick, Rhode Island, U.S.A. and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Handle Design: Adam Smith, Rhode Island School of design
- Blade Design: Walter “Blackie” Collins.
- Prototype: Brown University
Available colors: Black, Day Glow Rescue Orange
- Blade material: ATS 34.
- Blade length: 1 3/4".
- Weight: less than 1 0z.
- Glass filled nylon handle.
- Safety lock, prevents accidental opening or closing.
- Mates with M.O.L.L.E. vest.
- Lanyard hole accommodates 550 Paracord.
- Oxygen tank key in handle for use with rescue personnel and first responders.
- Pocket clip and ball chain included